Why use Halotherapy? There are no side effects, it uses high quality salts, and it’s very effective.
Dry salt therapy is a natural and holistic treatment for adults and children that has been known to aid in detoxifying the respiratory system, healing skin conditions, promoting better breathing, increasing sounder sleep, and achieving overall wellness. It reproduces the microclimate naturally found in salt caves by dispensing high concentrations of dry salt aerosol into a room.
Salt aerosol inhalation and the use of saline solutions are not new or foreign ideas – doctors have been using saline in mainstream medicine for a long time to help relieve respiratory conditions, sinusitis problems, and allergy symptoms.
The Benefits of Salt Therapy
Himalayan salt rooms are as tranquil as they are therapeutic. During your 45-minute session, the soothing atmosphere will envelop you, while the salty air will administer its natural healing with each deep cleansing breath. Salt is naturally anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal and has been used for thousands of years therapeutically.
Halotherapy treatments help to treat all four major factors that cause respiratory symptoms: inflammation, bacterial infections, excessive mucus, spasm (bronchospasm), and hyperactivity. In most patients, after the course of Halotherapy, the clinical condition improves and symptoms disappear or significantly ease.
Halotherapy has been shown to:
- Clear mucus from the airways thus removing airflow obstruction;
- Enhance the mucociliary clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects;
- Provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects;
- Reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness;
- Improve lung function;
- Help clear unwanted inhaled particles from the lungs;
- Be a drug-free treatment for asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, sinusitis, etc.